About Me

My photo
let's see...i am crazy. i am an obsessive fan of MUSE. i'm currently studying in a university. hmm.... i would just go on talking about my interests and stuff that i like, but you got the rest of this section for that so, that should be it (for now) about me!

Monday, March 30, 2009

general idea of my calendar

The festival i am using for my calendar design is Chinese New Year. there are abundant of interesting aspects to Chinese New Year, so choosing a design for this calendar will be easier.

I'll be using the May template as the calendar design. the template has a layout of something in the centre patterns around it.

Obviously the colours used will revolve around shades of red and yellow because those are the lucky colours for Chinese New Year. out of the many aspects of Chinese New Year, i will use the the red diamond-shaped posters with the character '福' (fú), which means "auspiciousness" which are displayed around the house and on doors. This sign is usually seen hanging upside down, since the Chinese word 倒 (pinyin: dao), or "upside down", sounds similar as 到 (pinyin: dào), or "arrive". Therefore, it symbolizes the arrival of luck, happiness, and prosperity in the middle. while i'll use peach blossoms which symbolizes luck, as the patterns around the red poster.

The May template for my calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment